Wyoming Nursing Assistant / Nurse Aide Guide
Who Grants Certification: The Wyoming State Board of Nursing grants certification to Wyoming nursing assistants and nurse aides.
The Qualifications to become Certified:
In order to qualify to receive a nursing assistant or nurse aide license in the state of Wyoming, you must:
- successfully complete a Wyoming state-approved training program within the past year.
- successfully complete a clear background check.
How to Apply for Certification and to take the Exam:
In order to apply for Nurse Aide Licensure in the state of Wyoming, you will need to:
- Have completed a Wyoming state-approved nurse aide training program successfully, and
- Apply to get certified and to take the Wyoming NNAAP examination.
The NNAAP test has two parts, a Skills Evaluation and a Written (or oral) part. Both parts must be passed to be listed on the Wyoming State Nurse Aide Registry. The written section is 70 questions in length, 60 are multiple-choice and 10 are reading comprehension questions. Take two pencils with you. You will have two full hours to complete the exam. (The oral exam if given in place of the written exam is 160 questions in length.) The Skills Evaluation will be a 25 minute time period given to complete 5 randomly selected nurse aide skills.
Content topics include:
- Activities of Daily Living – Hygiene, Dressing and Grooming, Nutrition and Hydration, Elimination, Rest/Comfort/Sleep
- Basic Nursing Skills - Infection Control, Safety/Emergency, Therapeutic/Technical Procedures, Data Collection and Reporting
- Restorative Skills – Prevention, Self-care/Independence
- Psychosocial Care Skills – Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Spiritual and Cultural Needs
- Client Rights
- Legal and Ethical Behavior
- Member of the Health Care Team
According to Wyoming law, to renew your license, it is required that you have worked 16 hours and had 24 hours of in-service at your place of employment in a paid role of a nurse aide during the past 24 months. This must be paid employment, not volunteer work, and in a nursing environment such as a nursing home, home health setting or a hospital.
WY Nurse Aide Registry
WY Board of Nursing
1810 Pioneer Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82002
For more information on licensing and exam prep, go to Tests.com's CNA Test Guide.
To prepare for your nursing assistant or nurse aide exam, use Tests.com’s Certified Nursing Assistant Exam Practice Test Kit with 300 multiple choice questions, written by nursing experts and educators.
And take Tests.com's free CNA Practice Test.
For nursing assistant and nurse aide exam preparation products and services, such as study guides, practice tests, flashcards and courses, go to Tests.com's CNA listings.
Dorothy Belding, RN, MSH
Diane Hill, RN, BSN
National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Exam Content Outline Review
I. Physical Care Skills
A. Daily Living Activities:
- Dressing and Grooming
- Nutrition and Hydration
B. Skills of Basic Nursing:
- Infection Control
- Therapeutic/Technical Procedures
- Data Collection and Reporting
C. Restorative Skills:
- Self Care/Independence
II. Psychosocial Care Skills
A. Emotional and Mental Health Needs
B. Spiritual and Cultural Needs
III. Nurse Aide Roles
B. Client Rights
C. Legal and Ethical Behavior
D. Member of the Health Care Team