ASE A5 Practice Test
ASE identifies brakes as an individual service area. The brakes service area involves the components listed below.
- Hydraulic system -Components (such as the brake lines and master cylinder) that transfers power from the brake pedals to either disc or drum brakes.
- Mechanical Foundation System -Components (such as discs and pads or drums and shoes) that creates the friction required to stop the vehicle.
- Electronic system -Components that notify the driver of a failure in the brake system. In anti-lock brake (ABS) systems, electrical system components work to prevent tire skidding.
Tests.com's ASE A5 Practice Test was written by Dr. John Kershaw, an ASE test prep expert: ASE test question developer; ASE Certified Master Technician; ASE Master Truck Technician; and Auto Industry Technical Instructor. Dr. Kershaw was among the first to receive ASE certification in 1972.
For complete test practice, flash cards, exam review and testing tips, check out:
Dr. John Kershaw
ASE Test Prep Expert
• General Electric/Electronic
• Instrument Cluster/ Driver Info.
Number of Questions on the Actual ASE A Series Tests